Acts & Rules
Section 29-B of the Rajasthan cooperative Societies Act, 2001
29-B. Constitution of Recruitment Board for the Co-operative societies,-
(1) There shall be a Co-operative Recruitment Board, hereinafter called the Board in this section, for selection and recommendation for recruitment of the employee of co-operative societies of the state, as may be prescribed in the rules.
(2) The Board shall consist of a Chairperson and two other members and shall be constituted by the Government, in the manner prescribed.
(3) The Board shall, looking at the requisition and requirement of the co-operative societies concerned, shall have the power to decide the selection criteria, procedure, criteria for short listing of candidates, which may include a decision as to whether and how to conduct a written examination and/or interviews.
(4) Where the Board decides to conduct a written examination, it may conduct the same on its own or through an independent agency having suitable expertise and repute.”
Rule 39-A of the Rajasthan cooperative Societies Rules, 2003
39-A. Recruitment Board for the co-operative societies.-
(1) Recruitment of the employees of the categories of co-operative societies mentioned in sub-rule (4) shall be made by Co-operative Recruitment Board, hereinafter called the Board in this rule, consisting of the following, namely:-
(i) Additional Registrar – I. --- Chairman, Cooperative Department, Rajasthan.
(ii) One nominee of the Registrar, --- Member,
Cooperative Societies, Rajasthan,
who shall be an officer having
a grade pay not below Rs.7600/-.
(iii) Director, Rajasthan Institute of --- Member Secretary.
Cooperative Education and
(2) The Government may also appoint such other officers and employees to assist the Board, as it may consider just and necessary.
(3) The Board shall take up the process of recruitment on the requisition of the society concerned in accordance with the rules applicable to the society after the approval of the Registrar.
(4) The Board shall be the competent authority for conducting the process of selection and recommending the names of the employees of the following categories of co-operative societies namely:-
(i) all apex and central level societies, except the societies in which there is neither any Government aid as mentioned in chapter VII of the Act nor any Government servant posted as the Chief Executive Officer,
(ii) Primary Agricultural Credit Societies,
(iii) Primary Land Development Banks,
(iv) Urban Co-operative Banks,
(v) Other societies having a Government share capital of Rs. 5 lakh or more, and
(vi) Such other class of societies, on the recommendation of the Board mentioned in sub-rule (1), may be notified by the State Government for this purpose.
(5) Subject to the provisions of the rules applicable to the category of employees to be recruited by a society, the Board shall decide the select on criteria, procedure and criteria for short listing of candidates, including the manner of selection and other related issues, so that the recruitments are made in a fair and transparent manner.
(6) Where in the opinion of the Board, it is necessary to take services of an independent agency having suitable expertise and repute for conducting a particular type of examination, it may do so with the prior approval of the Registrar.
(7) The Board may charge the fees for examination from the candidates as per the norms laid down therefor with the approval of the Registrar. Where the cost of conducting the examination is higher than the fees charged from the candidates, the Board shall be competent for charging the excess cost from the society concerned to recover its expenses.